Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 1.31 IU CTF Community's Forum & ShatteR Clan's discussion board!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kickass GSG9 replacement!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

Kickass GSG9 replacement! Empty
PostSubject: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 am

Hellowz.

I've opened quake this morning to check the status of the servers and games, and this time I gave more attention to the FRAGBAIT server.
That's right!
Somebody hosts an 1v1, DM, TDM, & CTF on 1.31, with a very good connection.

FRAGBAIT.CTF.RAIL.1.31 is the name of the server, tho there is 1 thing you all have to check:
Put /cl_allowDownload to 1, since it is NOT IU1.2beta2, but IU1.2beta3. Those who play 1.30 CTF won't have to check it anymore.

The server config is almost and exactly like GSG9, and I think we are going to have fun!
Server's name color is default so search the list a bit but you'll find it.
This server is hosted in Germany, I ping 19 in it, on gsg9 I ping 40.

I repeat:
/cl_allowDownload 1
/connect 212.95.32.113:27990

Be patient =P

Cheers,
M3rC3h
Back to top Go down
https://s3forum.forumotion.com
Wyvern
*)S(*Member
Wyvern

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 pm

how have we never notice this before?
i can't try it atm.. 4 more houres at work..
i realy hope it kicks ass.. i'll try it today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vince203.hyves.nl
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 pm

The thing is that the servers have been up for like 2 weeks now? I don't know something like that.
But the main reason we didn't notice it (at least I did) and didn't give any attention to it was that it was run under IU1.1 mod (the basic InstaUnlagged we all know).
And let me tell you something, CTF under 1.1 really blows since the unlagged code is not accurate.
And today I saw that it's IU1.2beta3, type of mod that we play (dynamic railguncycles and so on).

Cheers,
M3rC3h
Back to top Go down
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Added:

I am checking the configuration, and everything is 'GSG9-like' except when you try to shoot.
GSG9 configuration's railguncycle is 650.
I feel that this one is 700 or 750.

Nothing bad in it, you just improve aim.

Oh and btw, server blows, you gotta reconnect after every game because the idiot admin can't set up a fucking server properly.

Arghh!

Nice day eh...
Back to top Go down
Pacov

Pacov

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Uhm. I've just been there, I have ping 60 on gsg9 I have 40, so gsg9 come back quick. But it's better this server than any other. So it's cool to be backup servers for gsg9
Back to top Go down
FraGBaiT

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow, i stumbled across this forum by pure chance....hehe

So hello and yep those servers were mine. They wern't perfect but i thought they did run pretty well. Anyway i have put 4 new servers up on 1.31 running IU1.2Beta3. I notice M3rC3h you said that the server should be IU1.2Beta2? I have searched for that version but i can't find it. So i used Beta3 instead. If you can tell me where to find Beta2 or email me it i will change the servers over to it if you want.

Also you had problems with the CTF server before? I did rush the server config when i was writing it so maybe i missed out something. Care too shed more light on the problem? Because im using the same config again.

Server IP's:

FraGBaiT.CtF.RaiL.1.31 - 94.102.149.122:27960
FraGBaiT.FFa.RaiL.1.31 - 94.102.149.122:27961
FraGBaiT.TdM.RaiL.1.31 - 94.102.149.122:27962
FraGBaiT.1v1.RaiL.1.31 - 94.102.149.122:27963

If you find any faults with the servers or have any suggestions please say

Thanks and happy fragging!

FraGBaiT
Back to top Go down
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Well this is a nice surprise!

Welcome to the forum FraGBaiT!

First of all, and before everything, I must say once again, that your servers have a king sized bandwidth, and your configs are sweet, not to mention you chose the most practical IU mod ever, even tho most of people here don't use it.
Your servers own, everything else is secondary. =]

Your servers have a 2 little disadvantages:
- it runs beta3 and we need beta2;
- the config needs some polishing, because people here tend to play the same old crap

I added your mail in my MSN from your profile, tho I don't think it's your MSN address.

It would be the simplest way to resolve stuff if we would chat on MSN.
My MSN is: ma_lu17@hotmail.com
And if you prefer Y!: ma_lu59@yahoo.com

Waiting for your reply, and thank you for your attention to this short community.
Means a lot to me, you're a great person.

Cheers,
M3rc3h
Back to top Go down
FraGBaiT

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome!

I have great memories playing IU CTF from about 5 years ago haha....and after playing some QLIVE i fancied some good old rail jumping fun on Q3!!

I don't have MSN but i will make an account and add you M3rC3h.

Speak to you soon.
Back to top Go down
NeGaTiVe
*)S(*Member
NeGaTiVe

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 pm

hey peeps!

maybe the resurrection of a new 'gsg9-like' server is what we need lol

I just checked it out, i ping about 160 in there, which isnt bad considering im on the other side of the world from yall

Would love to start playing .31 again with you guys, hit me up on msn if theres some good games going!

cyaz!
Back to top Go down
Pacov

Pacov

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:44 pm

NeGaTiVe wrote:
hey peeps!

maybe the resurrection of a new 'gsg9-like' server is what we need lol

I just checked it out, i ping about 160 in there, which isnt bad considering im on the other side of the world from yall

Would love to start playing .31 again with you guys, hit me up on msn if theres some good games going!

cyaz!

Neg you have msn, post it here.

Ok I found it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickass GSG9 replacement!   Kickass GSG9 replacement! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickass GSG9 replacement!
Page 1 of 1