Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 1.31 IU CTF Community's Forum & ShatteR Clan's discussion board!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows Vista and Quake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Windows Vista and Quake Empty
PostSubject: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Someone got Windows Vista?? I got some troubles with my HD and finally i will gonna buy a new computer, but i am thinking in upgrade to Windows Vista, but i don't know if the Quake 3 runs in Windows Vista without any trouble.

Maybe someone here can help me with that.
Back to top Go down
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:44 pm

I don't really see the reason why to upgrade to Vista, when you already see all the trouble it will cause.

Personally, I recommend using SP2 or maybe linux, because shortly said, Windows Vista is crap.
Bill Gates can wank by looking at it but that's his problem now.

I have no idea if Quake will work on it, but like I said, use something else.

At least, that is the way I see it.

Cheers,
M3rC3h
Back to top Go down
https://s3forum.forumotion.com
NeGaTiVe
*)S(*Member
NeGaTiVe

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:08 pm

okay, well when i bought my laptop back in august, it had vista on it..

i reinstalled quake and it seems to be working fine.. no probs with it really. the only thing that may be an issue is the screen, like the visual aspect of the game, everything seems to be a little bit darker, but you can fix that with general settings in q3 and if you dont then you get used to it real quickly
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm

M3rC3h wrote:
I don't really see the reason why to upgrade to Vista, when you already see all the trouble it will cause.

Personally, I recommend using SP2 or maybe linux, because shortly said, Windows Vista is crap.
Bill Gates can wank by looking at it but that's his problem now.

I have no idea if Quake will work on it, but like I said, use something else.

At least, that is the way I see it.

Cheers,
M3rC3h

Well, every new OS is like that, many people said the same thing about XP when it was released. I think sooner or later Vista will be a reality and we all will gonna use it and i heard that Vista with SP1 is very a very stable system.

NeG wrote:
okay, well when i bought my laptop back in august, it had vista on it..

i reinstalled quake and it seems to be working fine.. no probs with it really. the only thing that may be an issue is the screen, like the visual aspect of the game, everything seems to be a little bit darker, but you can fix that with general settings in q3 and if you dont then you get used to it real quickly

That is good, i will gonna try it, if i had too much trouble i will create a partition with XP (a "non official" version, of course, because i will not gonna give my money 2 times to Uncle Bill, lol) and will gonna play Quake on it.
Back to top Go down
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Just for the record - where do you play to play Quake anyway? =]
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 am

M3rC3h wrote:
Just for the record - where do you play to play Quake anyway? =]

What you mean??? Where i play?? I played so many times against you, lol.
Back to top Go down
M3rc3h
*)S(*Leader

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 pm

"Played" is in past tense.

I bet we won't play anymore for a considerable amount of time.

Servers are dead.
Cheers?
Back to top Go down
tek

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Not cheers.
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:55 am

M3rC3h wrote:
"Played" is in past tense.

I bet we won't play anymore for a considerable amount of time.

Servers are dead.
Cheers?
1 month or less, i don't know. The time that my HD is broken.
Back to top Go down
Pacov

Pacov

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
Someone got Windows Vista?? I got some troubles with my HD and finally i will gonna buy a new computer, but i am thinking in upgrade to Windows Vista, but i don't know if the Quake 3 runs in Windows Vista without any trouble.

Maybe someone here can help me with that.

Heya bro!

I was testing vista and quake 3 and 4 runs with no problem. So the compatibillity is not the problem. But i prefer windows xp, i thik it runs smoother on xp.

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista and Quake   Windows Vista and Quake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows Vista and Quake
Page 1 of 1